The project intends to deliver a completely innovative training system based on micro-learning opportunities to i-vet teachers in the furniture and wood sector. The idea behind the project is to give teachers new knowledge about environmental sustainability and reduction of the consumption of natural resources to increase the engagement of students into vet programmes related to furniture.
1. Improve the environmental sustainability through education
TABLE wants to green the furniture and wood sector from the production to consumption phase supporting teachers in I-VET school to apply sustainability principles into their courses (ex. Eco-design of products, sustainable furniture waste management, circular economy etc.).
2. Ensure a quality culture in vet programmes implementing a quality assurance system that is compatible with the EQAVET Recommendation. TABLE will promote a quality culture:
– Ensuring that there will be a management culture which is committed to quality assurance;
– Developing approaches which reflect the provider’s circumstances and self-assessment;
– Supporting staff training in relation to quality assurance;
– Using data and feedback to improve VET;
– Ensuring VET is based on the involvement of external and internal stakeholders;
3. VET: Enhancing access to training and qualifications for all.
TABLE wants to equip teachers and trainers with a new approach to the subject based on sustainability. Indeed, the projects want to give access to training and qualification to all making VET careers more attractive in collaboration with NGOs working for the reduction of consumption of natural resources and SMEs in the furniture sectors which can provide insights about the sustainability trends in the market of reference.
1. Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) training need grid based on the EQAVET, European Quality Assurance in Vocational Education and Training, methodology and approach;
2. ESD training course for the furniture and wood sector;
3. ESD knowledge dissemination platform enriched with a code badge system to assess the acquired competences.
- Implementation duration: 24 months – 01.11.2020 – 31.10.2022.
- Intellectual outputs:
IO1 – Educational tips: learning snacks for I-VET teachers in the furniture and wood sector
IO2 – Guidelines for the proper implementation of the Education for Sustainable Development into VET course in the field of furniture and wood